Wine Jelly Recipe

Category Jam & Jelly
glass of wine
Wine jelly can make a mouthwatering addition to eat with cheese and crackers. This page contains wine jelly recipe.

Every year I look for new crafts or recipes to make for holiday gifts. I came across a recipe for wine jelly but I wanted to make it more exciting than a regular wine jelly so I picked a local blueberry wine to use. I hear that sweeter wines produce a nicer jelly. You can use other red fruit wines such as blackberry as well. Some jellies are made with herbs but I wanted a simple easy recipe and found one on allrecipes.com. I hear this is good on top of crackers and cheese and also toast!

Ingredients

Directions

Combine wine, lemon juice, and pectin in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam off top, if necessary.

Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Tighten 2 piece lids. Process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.

Source: allrecipes.com

By freya1970

I found that same recipe on allrecipes.com

My friend and i have got all the ingredients and jars and are planning on making it for gifts, too.

We'll be making ours within the week. Did you look at all the reviews? Mostly all positive:)

Can I ask if the pectin and sugar are reversed in order in this recipe? All jams and jellies I've made require the pectin go in last and then get boiled for one minute. I made this jelly last week, making the change I've noted and it turned out very good! I used a sweet cherry wine and love the results!

Mary Moo, ya i remember thinking it was funny too that the pectin was added first but I did it and it turned out great! I guess either way works :) Sounds like that cherry wine one will be good too!