Wood Scrap Pumpkins
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 31, 2020
Read More Comments
Do you have any scrap wood pieces? It's the perfect time to use them up to make wood pumpkins!
You could leave them plain (like I did), add calligraphy phrases like: Happy Fall, Trick or Treat, Welcome, or as a blank slate for your child(ren) to decorate, or paint!
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- wood scraps (squares, triangles)
- wood glue
- hot glue
- Paint your wood scraps. As reference my larger square is 5.5" by 5.5". My smaller square is 3.5" by 3.5". I also had a triangular prism piece that I painted brown for the stem. Allow paint to dry.
- If you don't have a stem, cut a square piece of brown paper. Fold it like pictured.
- Then twist to resemble pumpkin stem.
- Glue stem to smaller wood piece and cut off stem if too long.
- Add anything else you want. I hot glued ribbon to create a bow and glued both down to each.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
September 24, 2021
With fall comes decorating with pumpkins. This is a very easy, quick pumpkin to make from scrap 2 by 4's.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.