Wooden "Long Distance Friend" Frame
December 14, 2015
This is one of the easiest gifts to make. Take a dollar tree frame, put in some time and a fav' photo and you are set.
Total Time: About 1 hour.
Source: I saw this on Pinterest but adapted my own details and altered the poem.
- 1 Dollar Tree frame with wider borders ($1.00)
- Sharpie pen ($1.00)
- small images of the states you and the recipient live in. Print them from the internet. ($0.00)
- pencil ($0.00)
- clear plastic to protect photo if frame does not have it ($.05)
- clear spray or even hair spray works ($.05)
- With a print out of the two states you want to trace and cut them out to prepare for tracing on the frame.
- Then write the words you want to say. When it all looks good, carefully trace the states and words onto the wood frame. You may want to buy extra frames in case you make a mistake.
- Once it's perfect use the Sharpie to trace the pencil marks.
- Either use the spray outdoors or in the bathroom with a vent. Spray the frame a couple times. Set it on it's corner if you get too much on it and it puddles.
- Print out a favorite photo of yourself and use the cardboard insert to trace an exact heart, oval, or square and cut the photo and the plastic at the same time. This assures a perfect fit.
- Put your photo in the dried frame and you are done!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.