Zenni Optical Reviews

eyeglasses
There are a number of inexpensive options available to you when you need to have your glasses prescription filled. This is a guide about Zenni Optical reviews.

Upon a recommendation from another Thriftyfunner, I bought a pair of glasses with progressive lenses from Zenni Optical. I am very happy with my glasses and the price. I am so glad she or he recommended them and I want to put in a good word for them too.

Source: Thriftyfun.com

By Pigeon Toes from Hakalau, HI

Has anyone used Zenni Optical for buying glasses?

Arnie from Iowa

Answers:

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I have gotten ~8 pairs of glasses from Zenni, and all but 1 were excellent. That one pair had a strange smudge that could not be removed, it cost me 8 bucks, so I tossed it. To get your frames adjusted for your head, take them to LensCrafters. They will tweak them for you for free. I hate to take advantage of them, because their service is so good, and their people so friendly and knowledgeable, but their prices are too high for me. Zenni's Prescription Sunglasses are very nice, the first time a pair of prescription glasses has been dark enough for my tastes. The frames have all been good quality, and have outlasted my prescriptions. For me, I'll get 2 or 3 different glasses for the same prescrip, and just switch to a new one if the first gets scratched. For the price they charge, it just doesn't make any sense to not buy from them. I change my prescription about every two years, from a store that means 100+ dollars every time for ONE pair of glasses and I have to worry all the time that I'll scratch or break them and have to pay another 100+. BUT with zenni I can pay 25 dollars every time for three pairs, and not have the stress. just go for it and try them. (03/12/2009)

By MrMoonshineMan

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

Hi! My husband and I have been using Zenni Opitical since they began. We love them! You can count on them every time.
Linda (05/06/2009)

By av8rs3

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I've been shopping with Zenni for three years. My glasses cost slightly more at around $35.00 because I have to add 9.99 due to my extremely strong prescription.

The frames have no brand name which is what keeps cost down there. I have had particularly good results with the chunky frames. Mine are very durable and fashionable too. I have no complaints at all and I have recommended the place to everyone I come into contact with. They really can't be beat. My current frames are pictured. (05/06/2009)

By Ellavemia

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I love Zenni Optical! My only complaint is that they do not offer prism correction so if that's something that you require, you may want to try optical4less.com I have used them for my glasses because of the prism thing. No complaints there either. My husband was able to get a pair of glasses from zenni for his incredibly high prescription for just over $40. He would have had to pay over $300 for the cheapest pair available with his prescription at a retail place. He says that he's able to see better out of his zenni glasses than his high-priced contact lenses! I highly recommend both Zenni Optical and optical4less.com (01/31/2010)

By CuckooNest

Product: Zenni Optical

Model: Eyeglasses

Manufacturer: Var

Cost: $8.00 and up

Needing to replace my 12 year olds, but very expensive, eyeglasses, I wasn't looking forward to spending several hundred dollars. I found Zenni Optical which sells discount eyeglasses starting at $8 and going up to about $25 and decided to try. I am pleased to report that the prescription on my $8 glasses was correct. The downside is that you kind of have to guess what the glasses are going to look like on your face, so try on lots of glasses in stores to get an idea (and take measurements of lens sizes if possible).

By Judy from Jupiter, FL

Answers:

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I saw a similar pair to my old ones, that I already know I like, complete with progressive (no line) lenses and non-reflective coating, and even with shipping it would be under $50. I'd had to pay many times that several years ago to get the same features at the cheapest place I could find nearby, and thought I'd never be able to afford glasses with all the features I wanted again. You just made my day! (04/01/2008)

By Mary

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I just received my first pair of Rx sun glasses from Zenni. I am so pleased and I only paid $25 including shipping. Most places don't get them dark enough for me but you can choose the darkness you want. They are perfect. I don't squint anymore when I am outside in the sun. (04/01/2008)

By D. Coder

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I've ordered quite a few pairs of glasses from Zenni and have only run into one problem. A pair of glasses arrived chipped and the case was cracked. They were eventually replaced at no extra charge to me, but it took a few calls to get the issue resolved. I'd still use them, as I've gotten so many great pairs of glasses from them. (04/02/2008)

By momma30

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I just ordered 2 pairs from Zenni last Wed. My frame cracked and it was time for a new prescription. I bought one pair for $99 (it was $149 but they didn't want me to walk out). I ordered frameless stainless steel for one pair with over sized lenses and another snap hinge metal frame pair with 80% sunglass tinting. Both under $48 delivered! Can't wait to get them. They are in California and I am in New York so I figure maybe next week. I'm so glad I picked the right company, thanks you guys for all your great comments. (04/02/2008)

By daiquiri

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

It took two weeks to get each of my shipments and so far I have ordered six pair. I'll probably end up spending just as much as I would have getting one pair from a store. Below is a link to a page that helps explain the numbers on the eye glass prescriptions. Go almost half way down the page and read "Please explain all the numbers and terms on my eyeglass prescription..."

http://www.allaboutvision.com/askdoc/eyeglasses.htm (04/02/2008)

By Judy

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

Thanks for sharing this site, I know several people (including myself) who might benefit. (04/02/2008)

By bailegirl

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

I ordered 2 pairs of eyeglasses from Zenni. One of them has foldable magnetic clip-on sunglass lenses which are really cool! To be honest, I was really nervous after reading several bad reviews & how it took a long time for some deliveries. I had to leave the country in exactly 2 weeks. Thankfully, I got my glasses in 12 days. They were in good condition and well wrapped. They fit well & look good too. (06/02/2008)

By Anon

Product Review: Zenni Eyeglasses

Just be aware that you may be purchasing discontinued frames and they may not have a warranty on them. Also, with lenses that cheap, I would not expect to be getting the best ones available, same goes for the anti-glare coatings. What, if any, is their policy on scratches, or problems with the coatings? Are they warrantied? Buying online can be cheaper at first, yes, but what about repairs? Adjustments? Progressive lenses need to have frame adjustments when they are dispensed. Who does that? How do they get your progressive measurements anyway? The lenses need to be marked at your mid pupil area to make sure the prescription is placed in exactly the right place. Be aware and be cautious.

I am an Optician. (08/04/2008)

By Optomatrix