Since I normally don't buy potato chips (too tempting to have in the house for me), I decided to dehydrate some zucchini slices. I tried a few other veggies/fruit from my overflowing garden as well. The BBQ zucchini flavor seemed the biggest hit in our house!
I tried various spices on my spice rack and taste tested them all for fun. I dehydrated a few other veggies and fruits just to try out new flavors! I have listed any spices you can try or you can use a prepackaged dry rub. You don't need to use them all, just the ones you like! Just throw them in a bowl with a splash of cider vinegar and olive oil to help them stay on the zucchini slices!
Total Time: just minutes to slice
Yield: 2 medium zucchini makes servings for two
- 2 zucchini or other thin sliced vegetables
- splash cider vinegar/olive oil
- Spices (use any combination you like)
- Tbsp your favorite dry rub
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch thyme
- pinch cayenne powder
- tsp brown sugar
- pinch chili powder
- tsp sugar
- pinch salt/pepper
- pinch paprika
- Add your favorite spices and toss them together in a bowl with a touch of olive oil, then add your zucchini slices, cut thin.
- If you don't have a dehydrator, lay them out onto a baking sheet in the oven set on low. You will need to leave them there, testing them after an hour. You should take out one slice and let it cool. It will be more accurate to see if you've dried it enough that way. Keep checking every hour. I'm not sure how long it would take in an oven.
- I love my dehydrator for this, which would take one entire day at about 135 degrees F.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.