Birthday Candy Cake
Making a "cake" from packaged candy is a unique variation on the traditional birthday cake. This is a guide about making a birthday candy cake
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
May 21, 20071 found this helpful
- 6 Styrofoam circles: 2 in each ascending size, 8 inch, 6 inch, and 4 inch
- 1 candle topper or bobble head
- 1 bag of large individually wrapped jaw breakers
- 1 bag of individual gum
- approximately 5 bags of candy (depends on size of candy)
- Glue together each set of foam circles to make one thick circle in each size.
- Glue or pick pin each circle on top of each other. Make sure you get as close to middle as possible.
- Use low temp glue gun and start gluing the miniature candy bars all around. I used gum to hide any foam showing between each layer.
- I topped it with a ice cream cone candle that I found at the dollar store, but you can use any cake toppers they have at party store, bobble heads, etc.
- I finished with adding jaw breakers around the topper to make sure no foam shows.
- Make sure you use wrapped candies so kids can eat it and you can use any candy you want, this is just a point of reference.
By Carol from MA
June 22, 20140 found this helpful
Check out this video and learn how to make this fun cake shaped card.