Cat Friendly Plants?

Growing plants that are safe and not poisonous to your pets, is an important consideration. This page is about cat friendly plants.

I love plants and have several Silk hanging plants, as I have heard that plants are not good for cats. But I would prefer the real ones. Besides I understand that they also keep oxygen in the air. I do have some places where I can put them up really high, but would love to have one of those tree plants in the corner. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

(I just love, love this site...don't know about you but I spend a couple of hours a day here.)

Linda from The Big Apple

Answers

How about a hanging spider plant. If the cat reaches it though be prepared for a number of bites from the leaves. They love these plants and sometimes I just take a leaf off and leave it for my cat to chew on.

These plants look beautiful and help to clean the air in your home.

I have a brick planter on my back porch, it gets very little light. I want to put plants there, but I have a great friend, my cat, and I don't want to make him sick with "bad" plants. Please suggest plants I could use. He chews sometimes.

Answers

Anonymous

Here's a great resource for finding out what is and what isn't poisonous for your cat.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 14, 2013
😷
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf001202.tip.html