Cleaning a Neck Tie at Home?

I am looking for suggestions on how to clean a neck tie without wrecking the tie's shape. They are silk ties mostly, as my husband seems to spill on the nice ones.

By Diane W

I use ties to make clothing, and get most of them from thrift stores. Before I use the ties, I wet the tie, rub Dawn dish detergent into any spots, then soak the tie overnight in warm water and Dawn, rinse thoroughly, reshape gently with my fingers, and let drip dry. Do not squeeze any water out.

When dry, the tie is usually stain free and clean. It can be pressed with a pressing cloth on the silk setting on the iron. I would try this with one tie and see if it works as well for you as it does for me. Hope it does.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 7, 2012
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf10072719.tip.html

Clothing StainsCleaning