RepairFurniture

Black Water Stains On Wood

I am wondering if anyone has an idea on how to get black water stains out of wood. I had a plant that leaked and now the wooden window ledge had a water stain!

Cynthia from Ohio

Sand the stain with fine sand paper lightly. use a clean cloth or paint brush dip it in bleach and put on stain. keep doing this till the stain lifts. I had a water stain on a hardwood floor in my motor home and this is what I did.

By Louise. (Guest Post)

use hot water first ,soak it real good,then use bleach on the spot.scrub it a little with a brush or broom and let it sit for overnight.the bleach will turn the wood white again so if you had a stain or paint on the wood,you'll have to redo it.