Where Can I Sell Used Textbooks?

Does anyone know where I can sell used college textbooks? They are used but are in like new condition. I paid $85.00 for my text book which I would like to sell. I have listed it on half.com but it does not seem to be moving. The buy back sites are quoting me the max $6.00-$7.00. I do not want to sell at this price. I would be willing to sell it at around $50.00. Any ideas would appreciated. Thanks.

Patg from NY

Best Answer

Honestly, if you're still in school, your best bet may be to find a student in your school who needs them. That's assuming your edition is still good for said classes. Either way, anyone who needs the book would probably rather pay you $50 than have to spend $80 on it.

Best Answer

There are book stores near the school campus that buy and sell used text books. You could also look in to the school buying the books back or place an ad on the school bulletin board.

Best Answer

I sold most of my granddaughter's on Amazon.com. It doesn't cost anything to open an account and list them and A only takes a cut when you actually sell the books.

TRY EITHER E-BAY OR AMAZON . WHY NOT TRY TO SELL THEM IN YOUR LOCAL PAPER? I JUST GOOGLED THE WORDS USED TEXTBOOKS AND CAME UP WITH TONS OF SITES CHECK THEM OUT

I sold my old textbooks on the Barnes and Noble website. They gave me a postage label thru my email to put on the box I shipped the books in and I got my money within a week and a half. I got much more this way than my school's buy-back program would have given me.

we use ebay. a lot of people don't know about half.com and we do okay on ebay with college books.

Try http://www.valorebooks.com - they allow you to sell your book on a marketplace for the price you want, or sell it though their online buy back program

College bookstores buy back textbooks. My kids went through college using used textbooks they bought at the college book store.

Good luck

Amazon.com is the best source for selling and buying used books! We've sold many on there! Good luck.

I've sold and bought from half.com

You can take your text to the post office and ask to send it by media mail for pretty cheap.

Get a college schedule of classes and when the new semester begins, go stand near the classrooms where the class using your textbook will be used, or stand outside the campus book store. Students will love you.

Here is my list that I use to compare my Used Book Sell Backs with:

etextshop.com

booksintocash.com

http://booksintocash.com/

www.cash4books.net

textbookwheel.com

www.ecampus.com

www.valorebooks.com

Thank for all your help. It seems that no buy back place wants my book, because there is a new edition coming out.

Try http://www.jitterbook.com. Great buyback prices and they give out $50 a day.

Most colleges have a community bulletin board somewhere -- check student/community centers, the gym, laundry rooms and dorm lobbies. Post lists of what books you have, what you are willing to take for them and your contact information on all the bulletin boards (and/or websites!) that you can find around your college. Consider providing tear off strips with your phone number on them. Good luck in selling them!

http://www.thefairbookexchange.com is a new site where you can sell your books to other students on your campus for free!