Painting Problem

We live in an old house and I've just started painting our side porch. I've scraped and sanded the exterior, then painted with a latex primer. It has been so wet the past 2 weeks I've been unable to put on a finish coat.

I now notice black mold showing thru on the bottom end of a vertical board and the primer peels off. What should I do now? This is a very wet corner of the house.

We were told by the paint folks at a large home improvement store that bleach (diluted with little water if desired) is the best way to get rid of mildew on walls prior to painting. We had several opportinities to try this out, and bleach worked great. The mildew did not grow back through the paint.

Dee