Frugal LivingBetter Living

Selling Used VCRs

I have many VCRs with or without the DVD combo. They just need minor cleaning. What would be the best way to sell them? I hate that I just have them sitting around the house taking up space. Most all of them just need cleaning.

By Brenda from Columbia, SC

Try Amazon and eBay or try craigslist! Good luck.

Try donating them to seniors homes. Most of them have favorite movies they brought with them but will allow them to be shown on movie night in the lounge. I do clean outs and donate all movies to a local seniors home and they love them but run seriously short of vcrs to play them. Susan from Hamilton

It sounds like a really nice thing to do I have like three VCRs working and some tastes as well that I would like to donate

Need to sell my VCR

This original question was posted about 10 years ago, when VCRs were still relatively common. I don't think there are many buyers out there anymore.

I would check on Craigslist, eBay or Facebook Marketplace to see if there is any demand and what they might be going for.

Good luck!

Donate them to the women's shelter or the nursing homes. I am sure they would appreciate it very much. Or run an ad in the paper FREE VCR's you come pick up... With DVD's out now I can not imagine anyone paying you any money for the VCR's but free anything can always find a home somewhere!

You could always advertise them on freecycle.

If you know how to crochet, there is an amazing site called reycledbags.com I've made up a handbag and an evening bag out of old vcr tapes and they are awesome! have a look before getting rid of them. The bags could be made up and donated to charity jumble sales or whatever.

Brenda I could maybe take a couple off your hands. My mom is in desperate need of a VCR right now.

I work in Columbia and would be willing to check them out if any are still available. Please let me know. I can send you my email address.

Hello, I have several VCR's that I need to get rid of.. Is there anyone interested in buying them?

I'll pay shipping & 20$

do you buy old VCRs?

My name is Sue Ann,

Step 1
I am disabled and on a fixed income if you would like to donate a vcr to me I would be more than happy to take it.

Sincerely,
Sue Ann Pearce
623 440 4171

Hello my name is Steve, I was reading your comments and have something I need to add, My brother passed away last year and left me around 65 VCRs, 20 DVD players and roughly 5000 used VHS tapes .. He was one of the best video recorders I've ever saw. That man could record on 10 to 14 machine's at the same time on as many different cable boxes. He had never watched a single commercial in his life. With that said what the hell am I to do with stuff? Anyone?

This is an old post so you might not get many responses here. To get advice from current members today, I would recommend submitting it as a brand new question. Here is the link:

www2.thriftyfun.com/.../share.lasso?share_id=11

Better Living Frugal LivingOctober 24, 2009
📓
🐛
🌻
😎