Frugal LivingBetter Living

Selling Used VCRs

I have many VCRs with or without the DVD combo. They just need minor cleaning. What would be the best way to sell them? I hate that I just have them sitting around the house taking up space. Most all of them just need cleaning.

By Brenda from Columbia, SC

Try Amazon and eBay or try craigslist! Good luck.

Try donating them to seniors homes. Most of them have favorite movies they brought with them but will allow them to be shown on movie night in the lounge. I do clean outs and donate all movies to a local seniors home and they love them but run seriously short of vcrs to play them. Susan from Hamilton

Donate them to the women's shelter or the nursing homes. I am sure they would appreciate it very much. Or run an ad in the paper FREE VCR's you come pick up...

With DVD's out now I can not imagine anyone paying you any money for the VCR's but free anything can always find a home somewhere!

You could always advertise them on freecycle.

If you know how to crochet, there is an amazing site called reycledbags.com I've made up a handbag and an evening bag out of old vcr tapes and they are awesome! have a look before getting rid of them. The bags could be made up and donated to charity jumble sales or whatever.

Brenda I could maybe take a couple off your hands. My mom is in desperate need of a VCR right now.

I work in Columbia and would be willing to check them out if any are still available. Please let me know. I can send you my email address.

Hello, I have several VCR's that I need to get rid of.. Is there anyone interested in buying them?