Removing a Hair From Your Eye

Category Home Remedies
If you have a hair in your eye and you haven't been able to remove it, there is help. Check this page for home remedies for removing this pesky hair.

Does anyone have any tips for getting something out of your eye that you can't see - like a long haired cats hair? I have gotten his hair in my eyes at times and I cannot remove it for hours because I can't find it. If I take a shower or wash my face, which isn't always convenient at the time, I can remove it. Otherwise it is really bothersome and uncomfortable.

Ann from MA

Answers

Best Answer

I am always getting eyelashes in my eye that I can't see. I usually open my eyes as big & wide as they can get and keep them open without blinking until they start to get watery with tears and it helps whatever is in there to float out to the corner. Sometimes I use a bottle of plain saline eye solution to wash it out if I am at home.

By Grammiecracker (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Take hold of your upper eye lid by the eye lashes and pull the lid down over your bottom lid. Hold in place while you roll your eye around in a circle several times. My grandmother taught me this 50 years ago and it has always worked.

Best Answer

Try lightly closing your eyes and blowing your nose. The object usually moves to the corner of the eye.

Use a clean, dry tissue to dab in the corner and it usually pulls the object out. Good luck.

Best Answer

Get an eye cup at the pharmacy. It looks like a shot glass but is saddleshaped. Use a sterile rinse in it and follow directions. Heaven-sent.

Best Answer

I worked for ophthalmologists for about 13 years. Their solution was this: Stare straight ahead. Now look toward your nose and close your eyes. Repeat until the foreign body is in the inner corner of your eye. Now you can scrape it out with a clean fingernail.

I have a long hair that has wrapped itself around my eyeball in my sleep. I can feel it and I can't see to get it. How do I remove it?

Answers

Best Answer

Pull your eyelid down and hold it for a couple of minutes. The tears in your eye should wash the hair out.

Best Answer

Try a water bath. If that does not dislodge it, pull your eyelid down over the bottom of your eye and look around.

If you're unsuccessful, it'd be good to get a professional to look at it.

Best Answer

So I am not exactly sure what you mean by a hair wrapped around your eye. Like it feels like it is behind your eyeball or you can actually see it? Either way, do not mess with it yourself. You can very easily give yourself a corneal abrasion OR WORSE.

Seriously. Unless it is something as simple as you see a lash/hair stuck to the eye and you can SEE ALL OF IT UPFRONT, that you can easily remove with minimal contact, then leave the eyes to the doctors.

Please, go to your PCP or your eye doctor ASAP!! Yes, doctors are expensive so the PCP is probably the least expensive way or the a free clinic or if you have a health department with free services go there. You can do damage to your eyes easily that can be permanent. That would be very sad.

Please post back with an update. Sending up lots of healing prayers.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 6, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂