AdviceHealth & Beauty

Removing a Long Hair Wrapped Around Your Eye

I have a long hair that has wrapped itself around my eyeball in my sleep. I can feel it and I can't see to get it. How do I remove it?

Pull your eyelid down and hold it for a couple of minutes. The tears in your eye should wash the hair out.

Try a water bath. If that does not dislodge it, pull your eyelid down over the bottom of your eye and look around. If you're unsuccessful, it'd be good to get a professional to look at it.

If none of these tips below help, you might see your Ophthalmologist. It could be a sign of another problem going on in your vision.

So I am not exactly sure what you mean by a hair wrapped around your eye. Like it feels like it is behind your eyeball or you can actually see it? Either way, do not mess with it yourself. You can very easily give yourself a corneal abrasion OR WORSE.

Seriously. Unless it is something as simple as you see a lash/hair stuck to the eye and you can SEE ALL OF IT UPFRONT, that you can easily remove with minimal contact, then leave the eyes to the doctors.

Please, go to your PCP or your eye doctor ASAP!! Yes, doctors are expensive so the PCP is probably the least expensive way or the a free clinic or if you have a health department with free services go there. You can do damage to your eyes easily that can be permanent. That would be very sad.

Please post back with an update. Sending up lots of healing prayers.

Optometrist immediately.