HealthPets

Soak Your Dog's Feet in the Bathtub

I have a dog that constantly chews on her feet, causing a problem with discoloration and yeast. I was getting frustrated using the sprays on her paws from the doctor. I found a better solution by having her stand in a bathtub filled with Epsom salts and baking soda (roughly a 4:1 solution) while giving her a bath.

Make sure your pet does not try to drink the bath water, as the Epsom salts can cause stomach upset. I do this once every week or so, and the problem cleared up greatly. No more having to fight with her to use the sprays anymore. By Amy from Cincinnati, OH

How about that!!! ...Isn't it wonderful when you run across something helpful like that! ...The same formula you suggested above also works great in a warm bathtub to stop itching from chickenpox & poison ivy, etc.

---> Another solution for yeast problems is plain yogurt, or liquid Acidophilus put into a spray bottle. You find the liquid Acidophilus in the refrigerated area in Health Food Store.

Glad your pup found some relief! Sounds like your dog has allergies! I've got a lab with allergies and the only cure has been taking her off of commercial food. I now cook for her and would be happy to share recipes with you. I'm starting a business for this purpose, there is a huge need.

My dog while growing up had food allergies, they are very common. Your business should do very well Jeannie, good luck on it!

Hello, your dog is bored, that is why she is chewing on her feet. Give her more things to do. Or maybe if you have space, let her run, or take her for walks to tire her out. You can also try Emu Oil, that stuff works great for skin and hair.

Thank you. I'm going to try this. My dog Nikki has been chewing her feet for months. I've tried all the sprays and ointments. Nothing works. She bites at them so hard at times that she starts crying.
The Vet said it was a yeast infection and when she scratches her ears she gets a yeast infection there too.
Thanks so much.

Unfortunately, you're only treating the symptom. Consider feeding your dog a raw diet with vitamins and supplements, to clear up the allergies and immune-deficiency problem she's exhibiting. Raw beef, raw vegetables (those that humans would eat raw), lightly cooked vegetables, vitamins/supplements & calcium (they need calcium). If there is a HOMEOPATHIC veterinarian in your area, pay them a visit. It's best to attack the problem from the inside-out, not the other way around. She'd probably would live happy and allergy-free and you'd have alot less work. Good luck and look into the vet (homeopathic).

Use amber colored Listerine for itch. Diet change to no corn wheat or soy. Some raw must be given. No vaccines to destroy the immune system.