Kill Weeds Between Paving Stones

For those that have cobblestone or brick pathways! Nasty spore growing weeds will bust through cement. Living in the lower Keys of South FL, I've dealt with some very destructive weather. As of now ,I have been pounding sand in between my rebuilt brick pathway. Those nasty weeds that spread my bricks and sea shell garden get a good dose of CHEAP SALT!

After a couple days, they pull out easy! Saves on the finger knuckles and expensive weed killer. Also, I heard that cheap WHITE VINEGAR can help rid those weeds. Do not apply any salt next to your living gardening area.

By Cindy from Key West, FL

I use white vinegar, works better than expensive weed killer.

I have been using white vinegar for years it is environmentally safe, works well, using poisons in your yard is never a good thing. As far as "cheap" vinegar goes, there is no difference in the product if you choose to pay more for it, you are wasting your money.

I pay about $2-$3 for a gallon and put it in the pump sprayer. Be sure to rinse plain water through the sprayer afterwards as it will speed up the rusting of any metal parts.

Anonymous

Hey Cindy- Great post-put about 1/4 cup of dish detergent, which makes the salt and vinegar stick to the leaves..,.