Removing Weeds Between Pavers

Category Weeds
If weeds are growing between your pavers, they are not only unattractive but can be difficult to eradicate. This is a guide about removing weeds between pavers.

Weeds can easily take hold in the cracks between paving stones. This is a guide about keeping weeds from growing between pavers.

Moss and weeds growing between pavers.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

For those that have cobblestone or brick pathways! Nasty spore growing weeds will bust through cement. Living in the lower Keys of South FL, I've dealt with some very destructive weather. As of now ,I have been pounding sand in between my rebuilt brick pathway. Those nasty weeds that spread my bricks and sea shell garden get a good dose of CHEAP SALT! After a couple days, they pull out easy! Saves on the finger knuckles and expensive weed killer. Also, I heard that cheap WHITE VINEGAR can help rid those weeds. Do not apply any salt next to your living gardening area.

By Cindy from Key West, FL

Apart from using a sharp knife, does anyone have any tips for removing weeds growing between paving slabs without resorting to harsh, environmentally-unfriendly chemicals?

By Pie 59 from Cambridge, UK

Answers

Best Answer

I've been told that you can spray vodka on those weeds and they will die.

Best Answer

My favorite is a gardener's flame weeder. It's a long wand attached to a propane tank, and you flame the weeds until their juices boil and they look bright green. Kills anything small, and like once a month you would re-treat anything with a bigger root. I like it because it's just so satisfying. No need to burn them to ash.

Best Answer

Buy a gallon of vinegar, remove one cup and add 1 cup of salt, shake to mix then add the cup of vinegar back to the jug. Spray on the cracks in the pavers. Be careful because it will kill anything it touches.

Best Answer

Boil water in the kettle and pour it over the weeds. Works every time!

Best Answer

Pour salt on the weeds. I usually get cheap salt for projects like this.