DogsPets

Nena (Border Collie Mix)

Nena is a 13 year old Border Collie mix. I got her as a gift after my male chihuahua passed away in 1997. She likes to play with birds and chicks or chickens. I had her fixed at 9 months so she never had a litter of pups.

I used to raise chicks. Once I had her in the house when I went out, the baby chicks were in a box in the living room. When I came back, I couldn't find the chicks. Nena was laying in a corner of the kitchen. When I searched for a few, I went up to her and she got up and there were the chicks under her fur. They were all ok, she would let them lay on the back of her neck as she laid down. Also she was once breast feeding 3 little kittens that a stray cat had under the house I lived in. She assumed they were her babies. She's has always been a good dog She's one of a kind.

By Luz

What a beautiful story, beautiful dog and beautiful relationship you have! Thank you so much for sharing Nena with us!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

What a good dog! When I was a child our family pet was a Border Collie/Shelty mix. They are the best because they're so loving and nurturing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes