Productive Ways to Exercise

Exercising by itself is a good thing to do, getting something done while you exercise is even better. Here are somethings you can do that are both good exercise and productive. Post your ideas.

Top Comment

I mow our yard every now and then when I can't get to the gym, or just don't want to go. It is great exercise and helps my husband out with the yard work!

By Crystal

Besides mowing the lawn, I discovered that, getting a puppy is a great means of exercise. He's 14 weeks old now and, the older he gets, the more time we spend walking - many times during the day and early evening. I like to walk but, would always see something else to get done. Now, I'm walking with a very good reason!

By Bill (Guest Post)

I know it sounds crazy, but you can burn quite a few calories in a day by simply picking up a "twitch". For instance, when you are sitting at your desk during the workday, you can jiggle your legs for quite a while, simulating a fast walk.

Although it isn't quite the equivolent, after a few minutes you can feel the muscles and you'll be breathing a little harder.

I keep a two-pound weight next to the computer. Whenever I'm waiting for something to open, or while I'm reading a long e-mail or article, I pick up the weights and do at least 20 reps. Several times a day, and it adds up!