FitnessHealth & Beauty

Productive Ways to Exercise

Category Fitness

Exercising by itself is a good thing to do, getting something done while you exercise is even better. Here are somethings you can do that are both good exercise and productive. Post your ideas.

I mow our yard every now and then when I can't get to the gym, or just don't want to go. It is great exercise and helps my husband out with the yard work!

By Crystal

Besides mowing the lawn, I discovered that, getting a puppy is a great means of exercise. He's 14 weeks old now and, the older he gets, the more time we spend walking - many times during the day and early evening. I like to walk but, would always see something else to get done. Now, I'm walking with a very good reason!

I know it sounds crazy, but you can burn quite a few calories in a day by simply picking up a "twitch". For instance, when you are sitting at your desk during the workday, you can jiggle your legs for quite a while, simulating a fast walk. Although it isn't quite the equivolent, after a few minutes you can feel the muscles and you'll be breathing a little harder.

I keep a two-pound weight next to the computer. Whenever I'm waiting for something to open, or while I'm reading a long e-mail or article, I pick up the weights and do at least 20 reps. Several times a day, and it adds up!