Making Energy Bars With Uncooked Oats?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

I found recipe for no-bake energy bars that includes rolled oats. Is this possible, to not cook rolled oats, just freeze them? And eat?

By sharon from Salem, OR

Greetings, yes you can make energy bars with non cooked oat, my son makes them with peanut butter and other ingredients he runs the rolled oars through a food processor which makes them very fine and his 3 year old daughter just loves them.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 146 Posts

Hi Sharon,

We use the whole rolled oats to make our morning oatmeal. I bring the water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and the whole rolled oats, put the lid on the pot and remove the pot from the burner. The hot water causes them to "swell" and so are a little more tender, but I wouldn't say they were cooked.

Some folks' tummies are more sensitve to the heavier fiber that would result from not cooking the
oats, but other's have no problem at all. I add honey, dark raisins, cinnamon and a little butter to our morning "oatmeal" and it's very good. Requires a lot more "chewing", but it's supposed to be good for us.

You'll just have to mix up a little at first, and see if you tolerate that much fiber, and if you do, the "raw" whole rolled oats make a wonderfully nutritious addition to energy bars.

I hope this helps.

Pookarina

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 288 Posts

My mom used to give my sis and I the round lid from the Quaker oat box, filled with the last bite of oats to sit on the porch and eat RAW. I still have a bite of them once in awhile.

I'm a great grandma now so they didn't hurt me.
GG Vi

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 31, 2010
👔
🎆
🌻
Generated 2021-06-17 11:25:26 in 956 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf13443202.tip.html