What Is Nutella?

I have a jar of Nutella. What is it and what do I do with it? It is sort of chocolaty.

Sandy from Baltimore

By Shellee (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Oh, you have a jar of deliciousness! It's hazelnut butter mixed with chocolate. Smear it on graham crackers. Use it to top cupcakes. Ice rice krispy treats with it. Eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. I've eaten it as a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich. Yum

By Jammie D (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Nutella? Delish! Its a smooth chocolate spread made with hazelnuts for good measure. Its very popular in Europe and over here (England) its traditionally enjoyed on toast. Shellee is right, it does go very well with peanut butter!

Best Answer

You can go to thier site for recipes and ideas:www.nutellausa.com

History - Nutella®, in its original form, was first created in the 1940s by Mr. Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero company. At the time, cocoa was in short supply because of rationing due to World War II, so chocolate was very limited.

So Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts, which are plentiful in the Piedmont region of Italy (northwest), to extend the chocolate supply.

By Retta (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Nutella is great for dipping cookies, fruit, pretzels, chips and you can pour it between layers of cake before you frost. It is great on ice cream and even a little in your coffee or hot chocolate. Just let your mind go wild and crazy and enjoy this great creamy chocolate

By mrsz Bartow, Fl (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Make a pizza crust or buy one that is already made spread Nutella on it then top it off with berries.

Their web site has recipe ideas:
www.nutellausa.com/

I've never tried it, but it sounds like peanut butter. I'll bet it'd be yummy on toast!

It is an acquired taste. No one in my family liked it. However, it could be different in yours.

By kim (Guest Post)

We put it on toast. It's pretty good, but after a while, we kind of get sick of it.

By Jesus (Guest Post)

Put it on fresh berries (it's a little to thick too dip) delicious.

By Kathy (Guest Post)

I noticed Giadda de Laurentiis, host of Food Network's "Everyday Italian", is a big fan of Nutella and you can access her recipes on line. I must admit, I had a private stash for a daily spoon or two when the chocolate cravings hit.

Notice, I admitted DAILY! I also loved it spread on a toaster hot plain bagel- but you need to have a napkin handy as the spread melts.

I always liked it on bannanas & sliced apples & nilla wafers
On their website you can find out where to get it using your zipcode

I eat it with peanut butter and a little bit of butter as a sandwich.

It's a cocoa and hazelnut spread...European, I think. I used to get it at a French coffee shop spread on crepes.

I like it spread thinly rather than thickly. My jar in the fridge now will be used between nut cookies for Christmas assortments.

It is a delicious spread, good on just about anything! I've done things as fancy as layering it in baked pound cake with fruit and as simple as spreading it on saltines. It is great between sugar cookies (think Chocolate Milanos) and to dip pretzels in. Your imagination is the limit!

By Karen L (Guest Post)

It's yummy on croissants! mm

By Lily (Guest Post)

Sandy, Nutella is chocolate flavored haselnut butter. Kind of like chocolate nut butter. Can be used the same way as P-nut butter.

Yummy on a slice of bread or as a filling for cake before frosting. Do not refrigerate. It keeps in pantry. Yummy!

By Natalie (Guest Post)

Use it on crepes with banana just beautiful!

It's great on toast, in a sandwich, on Graham Crackers or saltines or Ritz.... basically anything that you do with peanutbutter, you can do with Nutella.

It's good in celery, on apples.... mix it into icecream.... anything. YUMMY!

Everyone has great suggestions and, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I make a PB and Nutella sandwich, but I was wondering if you can bake with with?

By Doreen from England (Guest Post)

Hi Sandy. You spread Nutella on toast, bread, brioche etc. You sandwich cakes with it, mix with crumbled biscuits, roll into balls and set in the fridge or you just enjoy it by the spoonful - mmmmmmmmmm!

We eat a lot in England.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 14, 2008
🎃
📓
🎂
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf13498417.tip.html