Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Feedback About Wal-Mart Carpet Shampooers

I have an older model carpet shampooer and has no rotator brush. It just sprays out the water and sucks it back up. Can anyone tell me how good those shampooers are that you rent from Walmart (or the supermarkets) and do you have to buy the soap that goes with it? My friend swears by them, but she has no kids and her carpet isn't that dirty to begin with.

Thanks!
Kim

I have the same type of cleaner. I prefer that to the rotating brush which seems to destroy the carpet fibers. I use simple green, mr. clean, ammonia

or degreaser in my machine. One or two capfuls to a tank of water and it does a wonderful job.

Spot clean first with club soda and you'll be amazed.

We had a renter that used a rented carpet cleaner machine from Wal-Mart - and it didn't pass inspection from our property manager. They in turn hired ServiceMaster to come out and re-steam clean the carpets and it was amazing how much more dirt they got out of the carpet! The renters had to pay to have it done twice...I guess it all depends on the situation but I just thought I'd pass this along.

It wasn't the walmart machine that was the problem, it was that the person who used the walmart machine rushed the job. Perhaps the renters just said they used it, but didn't.