GiftsWeddings

Wine Rack Gift Ideas

I was recently at a home decor store and found a beautiful standing wine rack (dark brown wicker with iron sides) for a great deal. I just had to get it for the price and would like to give it as a wedding gift, but I feel it needs something to go with it. Any suggestions? I thought maybe a wine opener and bottle of wine, but it doesn't sound too creative to me.

Texasteacher

This fits right in with an idea that I am going to try the next time I go to a wedding. I was reading wedding gift ideas on another website, and the idea was to give the couple several bottles of wine, with a personal message to open each one at future anniversaries. For example, there was a bottle of wine to be opened for their 1st anniversary, another for the 5th, one for their 10th and then a bottle for their 25th. Now of course you could different increments or occasions, and you could just give 2 or 3 bottles, but I thought the idea was great. You could talk to a wine expert at your favorite wine shop, who could recommend the best wines for aging, if you don't know anything about wine. Of course, this will depend on how much you would like to spend on this gift, but you can purchase some pretty inexpensive good wines if you ask the right people. I can't wait to try it myself.

in addition to the above, you could embroider (?sp) a few bar towels with the couple's initials and roll them up and place in one of the wine bottle slots. or how about a subscription to a home decorating, gardening, handyman, or gourmet cooking magazine and buy the current issue and roll it up with a note and stick it in one of the slots.

How about the bottle of wine and opener, a recipe for a meal to go with the wine and some of the ingredients to go into the meal.