Recycle Cake Pan For Storage

I scarfed these cake containers from my grandson's recent party.

For this one, I now keep all my articles and magazines to read during quiet time, commercials, or any time I have some time to read. Your coffee table may not be like mine, but you can also use these for:

• Storing owner's manuals in the garage.
  • Keeping yarn separated on a shelf.

• An "emergency kit" in the trunk.

• Keeping spuds and onions in the cupboard.

• Keeping salad things together in the fridge.

• Storing copy paper beside the printer.

• Keep by the door for junk mail or recycled magazines.

• This is tricky, but can be done: set it empty in the flatest surface you can inside the freezer, then fill with water. Don't try and fill it then lift it, it's too flimsy. When frozen, set a sheet ice cream cake on it for a party. Then use the melted water for plants or pets.

There are tons of uses for these wonderful clear cake tops. Any one of your "ITF" (Ingenius Thrifty Funers") care to add to the list?

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Anonymous

Hi, Sandy,

I enjoy reading your contributions.

Here's another use: as a saucer under several small plant-pots to keep overflow water off the tabletop.

NokomisNims

I like to use the round tops that cover bakery cakes for under my plants, that are in large pots too, to catch/hold water.

Hi, Sandi -- I enjoy your PBP posts!

I use containers like this as giant saucers under a bunch of small plant pots. The plants can be watered easily and any extra water is kept off the table surface.

What does scarfed mean? Can't find it in the dictionary.

snatch up or grab a bunch

These would also be good for keeping cookie cutters together, cake decorating supplies together, birthday cake candles and cake toppers together, and chocolate or candy molds together. In the craft area, you could use them to keep supplies together for different types of crafts.

I'd love to have some of these in square or rectangle shape, though, as the round ones I've saved aren't quite as useful. I've used round ones as small tubs for soaking small laundry items and for soaking jars to remove the labels, but that's about all.