FleasPest Control

Reviews of Flea Products

What products work best for fleas? Flea powder, spray or other products, for dogs and cats?

Delbria from Perry, GA

By evy (Guest Post)

Well I have a dog that is 10 years old She goes in & out all day long. My dog does not have fleas because I personally believe that it's because I give her GARLIC. A small amount each day in her food. Garlic with Parley works great for us. I was told this by my mother years ago, She has alway had dogs, and alway gave them a small amount garlic each day.
I buy the garlic soft gels on sale from PURITAN'S PRIDE, they have a web site, I just mix 1 in her wet food each day.

I can tell you NOT to use Hartz flea collars. One of my cats' skin got red and inflamed and his hair fell out from wearing one for only a couple of days.

By Irene (Guest Post)

On my cat, I use REVOLUTION. It was recommended by my Vet and has worked well with no side effects.

It prevents several other problems and is a once a month treatment of a liquid put into the hair behind the head so she can not get to it.

By Renae (Guest Post)

NO Hartz! I used the flea drops on my cat, and had to rush her to the vet. She did live, but the trauma to us both is still there. Vet said this happens all the time, and he doesn't know why Hartz products are still on the market!

By Kathy K. (Guest Post)

I would recommend frontline (I think revolution is similar). It's CRITICALLY important that you don't use the older powders and so forth. They're toxic to you and your pet.

Frontline is a liquid that gets into the fat cells of your pet. Fleas try to latch on and get poisoned. Even Mike McGrath of "You Bet Your Garden" who Never uses chemicals recommends frontline.

It is a bit expensive, about $10 a month, but it's so worth it.

Not an employee, just a satisfied user. :-)

I watched a program on TV that said to use 'Lavender, Citronella or Cedar Essential Oil on the dogs collar' just a few drops. (Use this only on the dogs though since cats are sensitive to essential oils) they suggest brushing your cats daily.

The Channel I got this from is Veria and their website is
www.veria.com/naturalcompanions

By InfestationSurvivor (Guest Post)

Revolution is #1 for me and my dog. Well worth the money. I have never found a preventative measure to work so well.

Trust me, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Especially in Florida.