Homemade Mousepads

I picked up some beautiful tourism booklets at the local welcome center. There are all kinds of materials you can use for projects with kids. I suspect they would keep outdated stuff for you if you asked them. There were glossy woodland scenes in this one particular booklet, and the pages were square like a mouse pad.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. Tear pictures out and adhere to the foam sheets.
  2. Trim off the excess and round the corners.
  3. Add a quote or Bible verse.

You could also make matching pencil cans, book marks, etc.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

6 More Solutions

This is one of my woven paper mouse pads. I cover the woven paper surface with contact paper to protect it from wear.

Woven Paper Mousepads - green and white woven paper

Mouse pad smudged and dirty? Recycle it! The hungry cats on this one are ready and waiting for the mouse to come and play!

Mousepad with a cat fabric motif.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Kids will enjoy making this cute mouse pad to decorate their desktops. A great study buddy that will be quiet as a mouse!

A purple foam mouse shaped mouse pad.

I had been looking for a long time for a large mouse pad, because my hand was always going off the regular ones. Then it came to me to use a stiff vinyl placement, several of which I had on hand. I have been using it for a year or so, and it works perfectly!

Does anyone have ideas on how to make your own computer mouse pad? I like the ones that look like little carpets, but they are so expensive! What else can be done?

Lynn from Albany, NY

Answers

There is no science to making a mouse pad, it's just to keep down the wear and tear on your desk and mouse. Also helps keep it clean, some what. You can customize your own, just keep in mind you don't want anything that will give off lint. Cheap quick way - grab a sheets of craft foam and some contact paper. cut out a magazine picture of something you like, then glue it to the foam and cover the top with clear contact paper. cut to size and enjoy.

By octoberbabye (Guest Post)

I use a small calendar I bought in the dollar store. Both the paper and cardboard side work just as well as the traditional mouse pad.

By Francoise Martin (Guest Post)

I made a mouse pad by recycling a torn plastic place mat. I cut it in the shape of a square and my 14 year old uses it on his computer.
You could also get fancy and put a picture on the place mat and then mac tac the mouse pad.
good luck.

Answer this Question

When you need a mouse pad for your computer, you should consider an alternative. There are many things that you can use or even refashion for your mouse pad surface.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 22, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf14772981.tip.html