Hummingbird Hovering For A Meal

We see the Anna's Hummingbird daily at this time of year. I had stepped out on the garden patio this morning and saw the hummingbird at the Hot Lips sage plant in our east garden. That is a new plant that we obtained this week.

The bird stayed quite a while, enough for me to get 30 photos. The birds also are attracted by our Christmas cactus which are near our door and on the patio. They come up often for a drink of nectar. How blessed we are to have these opportunities to view them and share a minute or two with them.

By Bobby33

Wow, the one under the patio roof is gorgeous! I think it was the angle you took his picture. I have seen many photos this one has to be the best simply lovely.
I miss those lil hummers they left Missouri a while back to warmer places. Thank you for sharing your photos.
Annie

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos WildlifeOctober 4, 2011
📓
🐛
😎
🌻