HamMeats

Brown Grocery Sack Ham

This keeps your oven clean, makes the ham much juicier and uses up your paper sacks!

Into a heavy grocery sack, put any size ham (make sure it's fresh - not cooked or semi-cooked - because hams can be a tricky item) and seal the sack by squeezing it tightly in a twist of wire. Put in a shallow pan lined with foil, then bake it in a 325 degree F oven 30 minutes per pound.

If you like a ham glazed, unbag it before the last 1/2 hour of cooking, and swab it thoroughly with a mixture of orange juice and brown sugar, or whatever you use for a glaze. Then put it back in the oven to brown.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I brown bag my turkey. A different taste and family likes it better (moist and etc)

I've done that for years with canned hams. I just fold sides so I can tuck it tight around the ham (so it doesn't touch any oven elements) and bake. Makes a canned ham taste special and keeps it moist, too.