AdviceHome Improvement

Cheap Brackets for a Glass Shelf

I need brackets for a glass shelf that are not expensive. Can any one help? All I can find at Home Depot are just out of my budget. They start at $4.99 and up. Thanks.

By Connie

First of all you have to go by the size of the shelf and what you will be putting on it. Also you should consider the location of the shelf. If the shelf is going to be where nobody will see it, it doesn't matter what the brackets look like.

If people will be seeing it, I would think you would want to have attractive brackets. Also if the shelf is large and you will be displaying anything heavy or delicate on it, you are going to want fairly heavy duty brackets. Sometimes you have to pay more, in order to get the items that will be appropriate for the job.

Also if the shelf is special glass for shelves, it will be thicker and heavier than regular glass. Without measuring it, the glass shelves in my china cabinet appear to be about 1/4 inch thick.

This is an assortment of some that you can purchase. They run from .69 on up. Rethatterb is right, it all depends on what you want to use them for. Inside a cabinet for instance, would some soup or chili can's do? I have found that free and functional things have a wonderful way of being found just when and where you need them.

I have made supports with unlit candles, books, bricks, tins and more.

I hope this helps. Keep in mind too, that thrift shops often have just what you need. Good luck.

www.google.com/search?q=metal+shelf+supports&...