Reusing Dry Cleaner Hangers

I like to reuse dry cleaners hangers by saving them up all year (I throw them out in the garage in a trash bag). Then when we go on vacation for a week at a hotel I'll bring them with me and I'm able to hang up all our clothes to keep them wrinkle free and give us more room in the drawers.

I also invariably give some to our friends who come on vacation with us for their room, so it's good that I have saved so many. We take lots of weekend trips throughout the year, and it's nice to have a dozen extra hangers with us since most hotels only give you about 6, and I tend to hang up all our clothes instead of keep them in drawers.

By Jazzy from Ellicott City, MD

If you belong to FreeCycle (go to www.FreeCycle.org to search for a local chapter,) there are frequently requests for hangers. That's another way to spread the wealth, so to speak. Also, if untangling all those hangers gets to be a chore, why not hang them along a bar or clothesline instead of tossing them in a garbage can?

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 5, 2009
🎃
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf15285210.tip.html