BreadFood Tips

Skillet Pillsbury Rolls and Biscuits

If your sweet tooth is giving you fits and you don't have anything on hand to calm it, pop open a can of rolls or biscuits. Roll out as flat as possible, and add to low to medium heat in a skillet with a little butter or margarine.

Sprinkle a combination of cinnamon and sugar (confection if you have it) and let it cook for a minute or two. Turn over when you place it on your plate and add a little more butter, sugar or/and cinnamon.

Be careful to not overcook or it will turn black on the bottom. It will still taste OK but is not as appealing.

You can also flatten the rolls or biscuits, fill with sandwich meat and cheese, roll and heat covered. I use these as quick meals when I don't want to wait to eat.

By Kenneth from Copperas Cove, TX

Another way to use canned biscuits is take each biscuit and stretch it as far as you can without it breaking. Dip it in melted butter and then in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Tie it into a knot, put in a pan and bake like you would biscuits. After they've cooled, mix powdered sugar and milk to a thin consistency and drizzle over the "cinnamon rolls". Talk about yummy. My sister-in-law taught me this and at our family reunions, she always fixes them for breakfast.

Anonymous

Love your idea for a quick tasty fix, Kenneth! You could make extras up ahead and freeze them too. :-)

I melt the butter, add brown sugar and nuts and put the rolls on top and into the over that way I have my pecan rolls and I can enjoy them with a nice cup of tea or coffee. When I have to have sweets and there's nothing else in the house this does the trick, gooey and great, the only problem being if done too often you can get "fluffy" around the middle!

Sometimes, when I want something sweet, I'll stretch out a couple of canned biscuits, coat one side with good quality marmalade or preserves, then fold in half, pinch closed, and brown on both sides in the skillet. If I happen to have any, I make a glaze with a little water or juice and some confectioner's sugar, to drizzle over. Or just a smear of leftover vanilla frosting. Fast and very tasty!