Keeping and Organizing Plant Tags

To keep those plant tags handy pop them into a small photo album that you would slide pictures into. You can get photo albums for a reasonable price at the dollar store.

By Gail

Photo albums are great! I have a large variety of perennials and as the perennials get larger, I divide them and have an annual perennial plant sale/yard sale. Each perennial I sell is given a photo page. In the inside of the pages I put either the original plant tag (has to be one with a picture) or a picture that I took of the plant once blooming, along with a description of the plant and the price I am asking for the plant. My "customers" just love this way of doing the sale. They can "see" what the perennial will look like when it is blooming later, know how tall it will be, etc.

I have an album with lilies, one with daylilies and a few with misc. perennials. All of my bulbs (cannas, begonias, callas, etc) also are in the photo albums with their own pages, ready for the sale. I alphabetize the photo pages in the wintertime when I have more down time so that in the spring before the sale it is easy to find the picture pages I need that year. Not all perennials get divided each year, but my girlfriends and I usually have about 80 different kinds and those picture pages sure have sold a lot of perennials for me.