AdvicePets

Use Old Linens for Pets

Don't forget to save old sweaters and soft towels for pet beds or shelter outside.

By Chantal from Salem, OR

You are the smartest (and apparently kindest) person I have "met" today! Great suggestion!

I use my old towels in the kennel for my Mini Pini to sleep on. He loves to rearrange the towel for his comfort. I change the towel out every 5 days or so because they can get a doggy odor. This changing out tends to keep everything fresher including him. It is easier to wash and change out than a dog cushion, I wrap a towel around a cushion for the cat to put in his basket so I can change it out also.

If you want to match your decor just buy a towel that matches your color scheme and wrap it around your dog cushion. You can pin or Velco it on the bottom of the cushion or just wrap it. This can be a quick fix for a tattered or raggedy looking cushion that your dog or cat still loves to lay on.