Le Creuset vs @Home Enameled Cast Iron Cookware

I just saw @Home cast iron pots looking exactly like Le Creuset cast iron cookware for far less cost than Le Creuset pots. Is there any difference between the two?

By Themba from Cape Town

I have had Le Crueset pans for over 10years and while i cant fault them, quite honestly i think they are way overpriced for what you get. Since I don't live in the U.S. I'm not familiar with the other brand but my opinion is that if they are similar, but cheaper, I would go with the cheaper brand. As long as they have a lifetime guarantee too!

Go to America's Test Kitchens online for a review of the best ones to buy. Anne

Who sells this brand you are referring to? I Googled and came up with nothing!

I bought a Kirkland brand enameled cast iron roasting pan at Costco and I think it is just about as nice as my Le Creuset 5 qt. oven, which I ruined trying to get clean. :( The enamel isn't as thick and the pan isn't quite as heavy but it seems to work as well and has been holding up. If the price difference is substantial, I would go with the cheaper one. Let us know how it turns out.

One point: The Le Creuset lifetime warranty doesn't cover "operator error" so if you damage it, it isn't covered. And, even if it is covered, you have to mail it back to the company. A 5 qt. pan is HEAVY, so is going to be $20+ in shipping. If they determine that you were at fault, they will replace it for 25% of the retail price. In my case, it was about $50. That was what I paid for my Costco replacement so I haven't sent it in to be replaced yet.