Protect Surface of Pressed Powder Makeup

When using a pressed powder compact which comes with the powder applicator, the top of the powder gets a hardened slick surface on it. This is caused by storing the powder "puff" applicator in the case next to the powder. To prevent this hardening, which makes the powder almost impossible to apply, simply put a piece of foil, waxed paper, or thin plastic between the puff and the powder.

Source: I just learned this from a friend who worked in the cosmetic department of a local department store. In all the years she worked at the job she never realized why this hardening of the surface happened. Only recently did she come up with this idea and it works! The latest compact I bought, I tried this and so far the powder looks like new.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

That is a great idea..I'm glad you posted it....I never used powder for that very reason..I may get one now...

Thanks!

Robyn

By Jean from Raymond, MS (Guest Post)

Another way to do this is to store the powder puff upside-down in the compact. It's the oils from your skin that cause the problem.

By storing the puff upside-down or using a barrier, those oils never come in contact with the surface of the powder.