Use Cleaning Cloth And Water For Eyeglasses

I called up my optical place where I bought my glasses. They have free cleaning cloths just for my glasses which are progressive lenses. I wash them often in warm water, squeeze it out, and lay it to dry. I do not put in the washer or dryer at all. This works for me and perhaps it will for you all as well.

By sarah

I was wondering about that. This was timely for me. I was about to wash mine in the machine in a net bag. Instead I will do it this way.
Thanks, Frank

the cleaning cloths don't work if there is any sort of film in my experience. My dog decided to jump up a plant a sloppy kiss on me and it got on the glasses. The cloth wouldn't do much besides leave a filmy lens. the cloths are hit and miss. I would worry about plain alcohol damaging the computer tint and or the light sensitivity coatings plain old soap and water is best but you can't always trip to the restroom you need something that dries really fast.

I worked at Kinko's for over 10 years. We would use 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean the glass and sensors on the expensive machines all the time. I don't think that it would damage the coating on eyeglasses at all. I believe that most commercial eyeglass cleaners are primarily alcohol anyhow.

I would probably talk to your optometrist for the best suggestions on how to preserve your eyeglass finish.

🌻
🎂
📓