Cleaning and Preserving Old Moldy Currency

I would like to know how to save some currency that has mold and mildew on it and also has become brittle to the touch?

By Raymond

If you just want to use the money, you could take it to a bank and they will just exchange it for you. If you are trying to save it for another reason, just try to wash it by hand and let it dry naturally.

I am currently having this same problem, and the banks will not help me, because although the bills are in tact, only one serial number is visible. Only one half of the bills are stuck together, and I can't get the other half of the stack separated. I tried to steam them, but it didn't work. They began to flake apart. I don't want to send it to the mint, it's only $17 in ones, but I'm broke!

Consumer Advice Collectibles CurrencyJuly 30, 2010
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-10 12:46:32 in 833 msecs. ⛅️️