Separating Old Currency That is Stuck Together?

I would like to know how to separate money bills that are stuck together? They are old and got wet, then dried. Please note that they are very dry, so I'm afraid they will break up. Please help.

By afaf

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 168 Feedbacks

I would rewet the bills and see if they will separate on their own. If not, try using aluminum foil between bill corners sliding gently between and rewetting difficult areas. I haven't tried this idea out to see if it does work.

I use a lemon wedge rub it around the edge of the dollar bills.

Yes, or try steaming them open by holding over a boiling pot of water. carla

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 147 Feedbacks

I suggest you take them to a bank. Let them help you or replace the money, good luck.

Nope they wont do it. Liability reasons

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I was going to say take them to the bank too! You don't want to mess with them at all my yourself and the bank will know what to do to be able to restore them. Even if they can't be restored they will honor them and replace them! Money is replaced all the time! Ask for your bank manager when you take them in!

Took mine to the bank, if they are stuck together they will not replace them. The bank needs to send them back to the mint separately.

Nope they will not and they tested it and its real.

You have to seperate them if they are stuck together the bank does not!!! And if they are badly damaged you will have to send them to the required Federal Agency, not the Federal Reserve, to have them authenticated and replaced.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 119 Feedbacks

Take them to your bank as it has already been stated banks do this sort of thing daily so leave this problem in the hands of someone who knows what to do AND if they should mishandle the money they will replace it IF the serial numbers are still intact.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you go & do...good luck!

Recently I got some money gifted in envelope. The glue also sticked a Rs 500 note (INR). I tore the envelope and separated it with note carefully. And for the remaining part that glued with note, i wet that portion of note. After rubbing the wet part lightly the sticked part of envelope paper come out gradually and later i dried the note.

Home and Garden Repair OtherNovember 12, 2009
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf25554598.tip.html