Shabby Chic Bedroom Decorating

While decorating my girls room, I came up with a thrifty tip for a headboard and it fits right in with my shabby chic theme! I spent a total of $14.00 for the fence which was already pre-made at the local lumber store.

By Julie Chalich

By Lorrie (Guest Post)

How cute! I love it!

Anonymous

Very smart lady! Thanks for the ideas Julie. I never thought of doing that :)

http://www.teapotcottage.com

That is just darling! But not as much as the sweet little gal sitting on the bed! :-)

I love the whole room, from the green paint, to the neat quilt, to the picket fence, to the cutie on the bed. I like the use of the narrow space by putting in the shelves. I'm about to decorate two little girl rooms and love seeing new ideas and how other people have decorated.

By (Guest Post)

Nothin' shabby about that room! Nice job!

By Janneba (Guest Post)

Love the room,love the colors.

By jean (Guest Post)

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! What fortunate little girls to have such a talented mom. I love it!

Nothing shabby just Chic, Chic !!!!
Wonderful colors, wonderful decorating what an

inspiration.

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

What a sweet bedroom for a precious little girl! What I like about it is that it is a choice that will "grow" with her as her tastes change.Wish I had the money I've spent on Star Wars--then to Superman--then to Sports--so on and so on.You're a great decorater!

By Tbird. (Guest Post)

Just wondering if your daughter shares her bedroom with a younger sibling? Noticed a babybed in the foreground of the picture. My daughter has a 22 month old son & 3 month old daughter. Now that the baby is getting too big for the bassinet in their bedroom, they need to decide if they will move the oldest upstairs into a youth bed or put both of them in the same room downstairs close to their room. What would you suggest IF you have the same situation. If not, just disregard my question! :)

By Tbird (Guest Post)

I didn't tell you in my former post how much I love your little girl's room. She looks like a proud little princess! You did a great job.

By Julie Chalich (Guest Post)

My 3 year old daughter does share this room with her 1 year old sister. It seems to work out great. The baby just loves this bright green color.

I have also placed 2 large flowers above the crib for her to look at...please see that photo. Thank you for the wonderful comments!

Great job! My sister-in-law did something similar with the picket fence for my niece. She put butterflies and flowers on stems growing up from the floor.

By annabell (Guest Post)

Hi, I love the room! Where did you buy your fencing? I went to Home Depot and had to buy the regular Fencing, which is way too thick, I think.
Great room :)
Thanks!

By Julie Chalich (Guest Post)

I purchased the fencing at Menards. It was in the department where you would find lawn edging.

By Cris (Guest Post)

I adore the shelves you added to the room. They really make a lot of use out of the space.

I know it is hard to make use of space in old homes with the weird angles

By Tracy (Guest Post)

Love the room! Fence is so clever. Target has a line of Simply Shabby Chic sheets and accessories that would match your color scheme.....I'm helping redo my neice's room as she moves from crib to "big girl" bed. We love this color scheme. (green and pink)

By admiring (Guest Post)

You should be a decorator!!!!

By Heather (Guest Post)

I love the lime green color! Could you tell me the name and brand of paint you used? Thanks!!

By Lisa (Guest Post)

Hi where did you get the fencing? I would love to do my daughters room with it. Great job!

~Lisa

By Marybeth (Guest Post)

Hey! the room looks great for your daughter! i love the fence it makes it look like a garden. how can i find the fence? your a great decorater. do you think you can decorate my kids rooms?! :]

Thank you!! I found the fence at Menards (not sure if you have that store where your at)...but it was only like $6.00/fence piece. It was in the isle with the garden decorating stuff....

I picked up a paint at Menards also...can't recall the brand, sorry. If you have a pillow or something to match to, most home stores offer color matching, works great!

I HAVE TO AGREE. DOWN RIGHT ADORABLE

YOU KNOW YOU COULD ALSO GET SOME STICKERS OR PAPER CUT OUTS OF BUTTERFLIES OR BIRDS

ETC.. TO PUT ON YOUR FENCE OR MAYBE FOR A BOY GLUE SOME PLASTIC BUGS ON TO THE FENCE

By Johanna (Guest Post)

I was hoping to find out where you got the paint. My daughter and I have gone and gotten two paints now... and painted part of a wall only to find out the paints aren't the color she wants (matching her bedspread). One was too loud (neon) the other was too yellow (little green in it);(.

Help!!
Johanna

I believe the color is much like this

http://www.dutc  dreams/index.jsp

which I purchased at Menards. The color on our walls is a tade bit brighter...

Hope this helps...I know its hard to match up paint, its never the same once its on the wall...good luck! -Julie

By (Guest Post)

I'm not quite sure how you consider this to be shabby chic? It looks more like a cutsy little girls room

By Jen (Guest Post)

I am thinking of doing my little girls room in shabby chic and she doesn't have a headboard! This is adorable! Great idea

Love this very cute!

This is adorable! Makes we wish my girls were little ones again. I like the idea of little bugs for a boys room! You are very creative.

In a similar vein, I made a headboard from plastic lattice, painted green "stems" on it and hotglued silk flowers along the stems. I did the flowers in each girl's chosen colors.