Store Wipes Upside Down

When storing the disinfecting wipes (that I use daily!), turn the container upside down and the wipes will not dry out so quickly.

Source: from Real Simple Magazine

If you buy baby, facial or clean up wipes, always store upside down as this stops the top ones from drying out.

By Jan from Grantham, UK

Feedback:

RE: Store Wipes Upside Down

That makes sense, but I would never have thought of it! Thanks for sharing. God bless you1 (07/03/2007)

By tedsmom

Could I share my comment about these wipes...I bought a big, big three-pack at Costco of Lysol wipes...they won't come out of the container..and when they do they don't pull apart correctly....they are too small to wipe a decent sized area and they are too wet and soapy...am I the only one that feels like this.??? ..when they are gone, which will take A WHILE. I will never buy these again!!

Thanks for letting me comment on your post.

I have just decided that I've had it with these "convenient" cleaning wipes in plastic containers. The chemical agent in them makes my hands chap and peel unless I use gloves, which aren't always handy.
I tried the "green" version and it dried out much more quickly.
Now I just get vinegar multi-purpose cleaning solution in a spray bottle for each area that I want to spot clean (kitchen and each bath), and I keep a few cut up towel rags handy, or in a pinch, I use a small piece of paper towel. The vinegar deodorizes and doesn't irritate my skin.

If the wipes dry out, I put a little squirt of filtered or bottled water in there. I also keep several disinfectant wipes in a double baggie in my purse to use in public places. If used for a public toilet, be sure not to throw them in the toilet, but in the trash. I also keep a small bottle of hand lotion in a baggie in my purse (hotel size works well).