AdviceFood Tips

Baking a Marie Callendar's Pie Crust

How long do I bake a Marie Callendar's pie crust?

By Irene from Morton, IL

To remove the pieshell from its pie tin, carefully tilt the pie shell & run warm water on the bottom of pie tin for only 3 seconds. This will easily release the pie crust from the tin. Gently remove pie crust & place on wax paper to defrost.
To keep the edges from burning-remove pie after 25 minutes, cover with foil strips, carefully place back into oven & bake remaining time.

Prick pie shell across the bottom & sides of shell with fork to ensure even baking. Pie crusts may shrink slightly during baking. To minimize shrinkage, try placing an empty pie tin on top of pie shell and bake as directed.

If the edges of the pie crusts break off , try wetting your fingers with water & crimp the loose pieces together.

Baking times are merely guidelines. Since home oven temperatures vary, be sure to check pie 5-10 minutes before the end of the suggested bake time or until top is golden brown. For convection ovens, cooking time will be less. Check conversion guidelines in the instruction manual for your oven. good luck.

is it defrosting in the oven? At what temp?

I never got a reply?

I'm sorry but you left a comment on a post from 2009. I don't think that the original poster is still active on the site and I'm sure they never saw your comment.

To post a question to our readers, use this link. It takes a couple of days for the answer to be read and receive answers. Or you can search our site as some questions have been asked and answered many times.

https://www2.th  asso?share_id=11

For a banana creme pie at what temperature and for how long do I pre- bake the pie crust ?