Soot Stains Inside Appliances

My friend put a burnt skillet in her dishwasher, now the inside is black and greasy. She tried vinegar and Clorox both, but it did not work. How can she clean this out?

By donna mcall

Contact the manufacturer of the appliance. They'll know everything about disasters like this one and will surely know what to do.

Good luck!

I burned a candle that gave off a lot of smoke (didn't realize it was going to make soot go everywhere!) Anyway, I now have soot stains all inside my dishwasher and a little bit inside my refrigerator. Is there any way to get them out?

I tried running 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda in the dishwasher, but it didn't work at all. I did order some soot sponges, which are on the way. I'm a renter, so need to get these things cleaned. Any help is appreciated!

Ashley from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Soot Stains Inside Appliances

The only thing I KNOW that works (for sure) is that "Scrubbing Bubbles" type of spray bathroom cleaner. This stuff isn't the best thing to use around food, so if you do choose to use it, be sure to wipe the area down (really well) when you're done with vinegar or a "natural" cleaner. But before you try that, you have 2 other options; Awesome (from most dollar stores) or Ammonia. Either of these will work to remove candle soot.

But first, try something natural: Hydrogen Peroxide. It works by fizzing the soot away with oxygen, and, it won't hurt the food either. Put it in a well marked spray bottle and spray it on, then wipe it off. No rinsing required if you use peroxide! (02/07/2008)

By Cyinda

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 3, 2010
🍀
💘