Growing Catnip Indoors

I bought the catnip seeds and planted them 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen any sprouting. I was doing this procedure that I found on the net. I put 2 inches of potting soil, then I pushed down the seed very gently and covered with a little bit of soil. I watered them twice a day. Kept them covered with the plastic to keep the moisture and placed the pots not directly to the sunlight.

Like I said before nothing has came out the soil. Please help me out.

By Roger from Caracas-Venezuela

If you still have the seed packet, check the packing date, you may have old seeds that won't grow. If they are supposed to still be viable take them back to where you bought them and ask for another pack. Be sure to show them how you tried to grow them. Also was the potting soil fresh? If you were trying to re-use old potting soil that could have been the problem, you also might want to try a seed starting mix instead of regular potting soil, sometimes that is too heavy for seed starting. Without knowing all the veriables it's hard to say exactly what went wrong, but these are some starting off points.

I don't know about growing catnip from seeds. But I bought 3 small plants several years ago and they come up every year.

In fact, my catnip is already up and I just came in from some yard work and brought my 3 kitties a treat.