AdviceHealth & Beauty

Hair Colored Like a Skunk

i'm planning to color my hair like a skunk (black hair with a white stripe in the middle.) Do you think that i should try it? - realsk8er23

By (Guest Post)

Hi,

I am a hairdresser, and if you do it and are actually able to get white down the middle, let me know how you do it. As far as I know, and possibly every other hair dresser you won't be able to get a pure white. It will probably end up a nice shade of yellow. The more you bleach, the more damage you will cause. Plus black is nearly impossible to fix without severe damage, unless of course your hair is really short, you could just cut it out. Best of Luck...I think it is great to do something different, and be prepared for some dirty looks.

Best Regards
Kim

By Lori (Guest Post)

Only if you feel like you smell like a skunk as well.

By bonnie g (Guest Post)

NO!!

By realsk8er23 (Guest Post)

and what if i dye my hair in an other color

for example blue with a green stripe (maybe glow in the dark)

greetz realsk8er23

Hey do what you want to do...have fun with your hair. I have had mine plenty of colors. If you like it then do it.

By Special Ed (Guest Post)

Ive done the skunk hair before, and like someone mention allready, white is almost impossible to accomplish, i had to bleach my hair three times, to get it the lightest it would get, i also used a gray toner so it wouldnt be yellow, now i have the stripe down the side instead of the middle, but think any other color would be cool, Blue>Red, Blue>Green, Red>Yellow etc

By Anna (Guest Post)

HEy i had mine done like that rite, it looked awesum, but after a while it gets boring!
trust me and then on top of that you get the insults like oh you look like a skunk, but yeah..give it a go...you can always change it, it's only hair!

By CindyM56 (Guest Post)

What ever floats your boat and rocks your dock they say!

The old saying goes, whatever floats your boat and rocks your dock!! But I would have an extra bottle of hair dye close at hand in case you don't like it and don't want to go out in public to get some more.

By KierSkunk (Guest Post)

Heck Yesness! yYu should *nodds* my hair is like that now I've been wearing like this for ten years now and iIm kinda looking for a change.

hmm... but man you should totally go for it *thumbs up*

By :) (Guest Post)

I have my hair brown with chunks of blonde and I'm still getting used to it. Kind of different for me. I don't know, it kind of looks like a skunk! HA ha or are you talking about the really really blonde on top then the super black underneath? I think some people can pull that off. Some can't. Whatever works for ya :)

Yes you should