General AdviceConsumer Advice

Reviews of EZ Rent-a-Car

Has anyone used EZ Rent-A-Car? Especially in Las Vegas. I need to rent a car for a trip there in May. They seem to be cheaper than the other car rental businesses. I wonder if anyone has had good or bad luck with them. Thanks.

By Dust Bunny HK from Denver, CO

I had good luck with them 2 times. No problems, except their locations were not as convenient as Hertz & Alamo.

Insurance scam. Web site full of lies.

Their web site is full of lies. After I agreed to a certain fee on the reservation contract, they would not give me the car unless I agreed to pay 50% more than what was written on the reservation. They later never agreed to reimburse me or apologize. And they still have the same lies on their web site. Do not trust them. I complained to the Better Business Bureau about them, and they would not even reply to the BBB. Be warned: these people are liars, con artists and thieves. I will join any class action lawsuit against them.

It was for a car in San Jose, Costa Rica. On the reservation page, the only insurances mentioned were: CDW, at $3 a day. SLI/PAI at $3 a day. On the web page of the company, that was the same thing (and still is): http://www.e-zr … _Costa_Rica.html I even sent an email before leaving to make sure that was correct, and I did not receive an answer. When I arrived in Costa Rica, they forced me to pay an extra $15 a day for TPL insurance (or $120 total). That's an insurance that in Costa Rica the rental agency (not the renter) has to pay. Some rental agency ask the renter to reimburse them, but they clearly state it in their reservation and on their web page.

On my return, I contacted the manager of ez rent a car many times by phone and email. He never agreed to either correct the lie that is on their web site, or reimburse me for the fees I should not have had to pay. To get rid of me, he put me in contact with their subsidiary in Costa Rica (Poas rent a car). Poas acknowledged that he did not follow the policies on the ez-rent a car web site, since he even tried to argue that he changed the policies after my reservation was made (but the policy has never changed, as you can see on the website).

Stay away. You are warned!

We have worked hard with our affiliates (like the one in Costa Rica) to make sure we have the correct information on our website and available to the consumers. I will follow up on the car rental policies with our affiliate there.

http://www.e-zrentacar.com