KitchenDecorating

Simple Decorations for My Kitchen

I am looking for simple decorations for my kitchen. My appliances are black and my countertops are black with beige small polka dots. I would like to put something on top of the cabinets like greenery or maybe a few baskets.

Onesummer

I used antique items from the thrift store such as vases, green mason jars, flour sifters and water pitchers. They were easy to clean in comparison to greenery. Or, look around at what you have that you already like that is within your cabinets and set it out. Have fun and try new things until you find the perfect fit for you.

My daughter just recently decorated the top of my cabinets and it looks great. I too have black cabinet tops and we thought it needed a touch of red. She split a wine/maroon/dark red (whatever color you want) in half lengthwise to make 2 long pieces. Used some boxes and some layers of stiff styrofoam to make risers of different heights underneath the tablecloth, just kind of bunched it up around things. At one end, I have a plaque about 12" X 24" that says "Live - Laugh - Love", next is a decorative plate in standing on a plate stand, then an upright plaque in gold/green/red that says HOPE long ways, stands about 15" high and about 7 or 8" wide.

We are about midway and there is a wine candle 7" wide on a candle holder on one of the risers.

Next a matching plaque to the HOPE one but this one says "BELIEVE". After that a small cornacopia with dried flowers in it. Next (again on a riser) a pretty decorative box, then 2 more wine candles. A riser with a wooden duck on it. A small 8 X 8" plaque that says "Friends Forever, We Will Be", then a piece of driftwood with a little lighthouse on it. An old fashion water jug, a large gold vase (tall). Artificial greenery loosely twined in front of all this. And at the end when it opens to the most view, a piece of silk greenery with vegetables in these colors added. It's mostly wine, gold, green, and browntones.

What is best, most of this stuff we already had on hand, we did buy the tablecloth and the 3 plaques with words on them. The rest of it we found either around my house or hers. I love it and hope you can visualize it as it is. It really looks good.