Summer Fun: Kids Newspaper

If your kids are wanting something fun to do this summer, have them start their own paper. They can interview the neighbors that they know, and write stories about their own life, then type, edit, and print or email their newspaper the neighbors and friends that they know.

Three of my little cousins started doing this one summer when we all spent two weeks together in the mountains, and they are still doing it every season for the last three years.

By McCollonough from TN

I did that once when I was a kid. It was loads of fun. :-)

Now, that's thinking outside the box! I participated in a Junior Achievement newspaper project once in HS, and really enjoyed it. MS Publisher should have plenty of templates that would work very well for this.