Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Source: My Grandma

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Try applying a mixture of toothpaste and skin lotion to a bruise and wrap the area with an ace bandage or a band-aid (to keep the sheets clean while you sleep), wash off the paste in the morning, and reapply for two or three nights. The bruise should disappear much more quickly.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

A while ago, someone asked how to get bruises to heal quickly and what to use on them. Could you repeat this request for me? Thank you.

Rosalie

Answers:

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

I have fair skin I bruise easy. It looks bad because I do bruise easy. I asked a nurse about that she said just put some ice I guess a ice pack after you bump your self to stop it from getting worse other than that let time heal it. (04/01/2010)

By Mary

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Arnica cream is supposed to work well on bruises. (04/02/2010)

By Tapestry Lady

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Dr. Oz just talked about bruises on his show the other day, here's a link to the video on his website:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/bruise-basics (04/02/2010)

By Judy = Oklahoma

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

I'm with Tapestry Lady, arnica cream or Jamison makes a gel. It's my favorite remedy for bruising, and boy do I bruise! It eases any pain by bringing the bruise out quicker. Has not much odor and usually available in health food stores and organic areas of some pharmacies.

I am not sure it's available, arnica itself (dried) could be steeped like herbal tea and used as a wash I would think. (04/03/2010)

By Mary Lou

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Arnica gel or cream. Buy the one with the highest percentage of arnica. Been using it for years. Works wonders.
I get it at the health food store.

(04/03/2010)

By Holly

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Nothing I have ever tried beats Vicks vapor rub. The ingredients make a bruise yellow up quickly and work every time. Vicks is a miracle product in my opinion. (04/04/2010)

By Jill

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Good old Vaseline, it makes them fade faster. (04/07/2010)

By Bridget

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Rub the inside of a banana peel on the fresh bruise to help the discoloration fade faster or not appear.
(04/21/2010)

By lindajean gi

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Please extend my thanks to everyone who replied to my request for help in my bruises.(04/24/2010)

By Rosalie