Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Pudding Mix in the UK

I've noticed that quite a few dessert recipes use chocolate, vanilla or other flavored pudding mixes. What are they and can I purchase them or the equivalent in the UK? Many thanks.

Jan from Grantham, UK

http://www.twen  nt-pudding-15173

I found this site that sells Jello brand pudding mixes in the UK.

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

Both Jello and Royal are companies that make pudding mixes. I am sure there are other companies that make them too. These companies also make gelatin mixes. Perhaps you have native companies that make gelatin mixes and make pudding mixes as well. I cant believe you dont have pudding mixes in the UK!

By helpful (Guest Post)

I know that pudding means dessert in the uk. What we are talking about here is a powdered mix in a box that is added to cold milk to make an instant flavoured dessert custard.

Now you have explained that banana\caramel pudding is just flavoured custard it will be easier to follow recipe thank you c

I'm assuming we are talking about angel delight or miracle whip here. You could probably use custard and flavour it yourself.

Custard (as in BIRD'S)powder is unheard of in the U.S. I lived in the U.K. for 7yrs so I have a rough idea of what you are talking about. Hope this helps.

Just a note about these pudding mixes. Some are instant and some require cooking. Usually it is the instant mixes (just mix with milk -- no cooking required) that are used in the dessert recipes. The mixes that you cook are similar to Bird's Custard Powder, which is available here in Canada.

Anonymous

Am i right in thinking the instant dessert mix here in the uk would be angel delight and the cooking version blamange????

Anonymous

I'd say like blancmange for the uk then?