Surprise 50th Birthday Party?

I need some ideas on a 50th surprise birthday party for my husband. There is a catch, it is on 31 December, and he is a pastor so our church service for New Year's eve will start at 22h00. Please help I want to make it special. I can have it on the 30th though.

By Elna from Johannesburg, RSA

Here's my take on a 50th Surprise Birthday Party: Invite the party boy or girl to your house. Using garden stakes, create a timeline along the path to your front door noting 10 (1 for every 5 years) special moments in his or her life. The timeline will give the person a sense that something is up, but won't give them enough time to bolt. When you answer the knock at the door, be sure to hold up the last garden stake with the date and "So and so's Surprise Birthday Party!" written on it. It's fun to keep the garden stakes, and even use them in the garden.

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayOctober 11, 2010
👔
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf205209.tip.html